About Boyne City Public Schools
Boyne City Public Schools serve approximately 1300 students in Boyne City - the beautiful, four-season resort area of Northwest Michigan.
The school district is very proud of our 1:1 iPad program which provides iPads to all of our students K-12. Boyne City is leading the nation with regards to using technology as a learning tool and are truly preparing our students for the technologically rich world they will enter. Not only is the iPad used in all classrooms across the district, but each classroom is also equipped with state of the art instructional technology tools including HDMI digital projectors, Apple TV units and sound field equipment. These classroom learning environments are empowering, engaging and highly effective.
The district currently has three buildings - a high school which houses grades 9, 10, 11 and 12; a middle school which houses grades 5, 6, 7 and 8; and an elementary school which houses grades K, 1, 2, 3 and 4. We also have four (4) alternative education programs which complement the comprehensive K - 12 program.
Curriculum at all levels stresses the basics while offering enrichment programs, advanced placement courses, instrumental music, special education, integrated instructional technology, experiences in school/business partnerships, independent study and community service. Guidance and counseling services are available at all grade levels.
Boyne City Schools strive to meet the academic and social/emotional needs of ALL students. Each building has specific programs to insure that students reach their full potential. Some of these programs and staff are funded with At-Risk Section 31a, State School Aid Act monies as well as Title I and Title IX Federal monies.
Our schools provide the following services:
- F.O.C.U.S. (Facilitated Opportunity for Children Under Stress) / Responsible Thinking Programs
- Academic Support Rooms
- School Nurse
- High School Proficiency Test coaching (high school)
- MEAP coaching (elementary and middle schools)
- Jumpstart Reading (elementary school)
- Summer school for core curriculum (all schools)
- H.O.T.S. - High Order Thinking Skills Program (elementary and middle schools)
- Before/after school student support (all schools)
- Parent/child advocate (elementary school)
- Breakfast program (all schools)
- Academic monitoring (middle and high schools)
- Paraprofessional in-classroom support (elementary and middle schools)
- Special Education Inclusion Model (all schools)
- Interscholastic and intramural athletics (middle and high schools)
- The district enjoys a reputation for excellence which is substantiated by consistently high scores on state and national standardized tests and other measures of quality.
If you have questions about this site or about Boyne City Public Schools, please contact the Superintendent's Office at 231-439-8190.
NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATION: In reference to Policy JAA-B, Boyne City Public School does not discriminate on the basis of religion, race, color, national origin, sex, or disability in its programs, activities or employment. Further, it is the policy of this District to provide an equal opportunity for all students, regardless of gender, religion, race, color, national origin or ancestry, disability, marital status, place of residence within the boundaries of the District, or social or economic status, and/or any other legally protected characteristic, to learn through the curriculum offered in this District.
Direct all other inquiries related to discrimination to: Superintendent, 321 S. Park St., Boyne City, MI, 49712, (231) 439-8190